Friday, March 11, 2011

Best Fashion Magazines for Women

So as you all know by now, I am addicted to fashion magazines. I subscribe to so many of them. I read so many because each one has something different to offer. Some of the fashion magazines focus on ready-to-wear clothing and others focus on couture. Although I can’t really afford the couture clothing, I love seeing all of the designer’s new collections. I want to tell you about four of my ABSOLUTE favorite fashion magazines and tell you exactly why they are so amazing.

My absolute favorite ready-to-wear fashion magazine is Instyle Magazine. I think my obsession with this one started a long time ago because my mom has always subscribed to it and I would read hers. What makes this magazine so GREAT is that everything they feature is so AFFORDABLE. This magazine always has a great section where they will have apparel or accessories that a celebrity wore and they will tell you where to get it for cheaper. My newest FAVORITE section in Instyle Magazine is “Ask Marchesa.” They have readers send in questions about fashion to designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig of Marchesa. This is the perfect magazine to go to for help with putting great, stylish outfits together.

Another amazing magazine is Marie Claire. They always talk about the latest trends in fashion and how to put together amazing outfits. One of the sections that I LOVE in Marie Claire is “Splurge vs. Steal.” They show you a whole outfit and then they will show you options of where you can buy similar items. In their fashion section, they almost always do a great editorial showing pieces from designer’s latest collections. This magazine does focus mostly on higher end clothing but there are definitely some affordable items too. This magazine also features great stories and amazing beauty tips as well.

Most of you should know about this next magazine. Vogue is an absolute must for fashion. This is pretty much the bible for the fashion world. Everything you need to know can be found in this magazine. There are many great articles in Vogue that discuss people and events in the fashion industry. The BEST part of every Vogue issue is the editorial shoot done by fashion editor: Grace Coddington. The sets of the shoots and the clothes on the models are absolutely STUNNING. She is truly a genius. Vogue has the most amazing fashion of all the magazines that I read.

Another favorite fashion magazine of mine is Harper’s Bazaar. This magazine also features very high-end clothing. They feature SOOOOO much clothing in each issue. It is INCREDIBLE! Harper’s Bazaar also talks about many designers and their new collections. They have many great styling tips and I love the section “Buy, Keep, Store.” They tell you what trendy items you should buy, what items you already own that you should keep wearing and what items you should definitely store away. They also feature wonderful hair and beauty tips and always have BEAUTIFUL editorial spreads.

What are your favorite magazines to turn to for the latest fashion trends?

2 comments:

  1. Ilove all the international fashion glossies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to smell and cuddle them to my naked body.

    ReplyDelete